The Association of the Staff of the ACP Group’s Secretariat,
Having regard to Article 28 of the Staff Regulations,
Having regard to the decisions resulting from previous staff meetings, Adopts the rules laid down hereafter:
1. Any permanent member of the ACP Secretariat who shall adhere to these Rules may become a full member of the Association.
In addition, any temporary member of the ACP Secretariat who shall adhere to these Rules may become an associate member of the Association.
2. However, by virtue of the special nature of their functions and status in the Secretariat, the Secretary-General and the Assistant Secretaries-General shall not be entitled to apply for membership of the Association.
The purpose of the Association shall be:
1. To see that staff rights are respected and ensure that staff fully abide by the obligations arising from the texts governing the Secretariat;
2. To help maintain a working atmosphere conducive to the social and professional upliftment of its members and stimulate a spirit of solidarity.
The Association shall be empowered to examine any matters concerning its members and shall inter alia:
1. Act on behalf of its members whenever an issue has to be submitted to the Secretariat or the higher authorities of the ACP Group.
The ACP Staff Association Bureau